Support forum of the software localization tool Sisulizer


.NET, Delphi, ... - Sisulizer Localization Tool Support Home

Get in contact with the makers of Sisulizer.
Our forum is open for all questions around Sisulizer from customers and prospects.
Don't hesitate to register and ask. The Sisulizer team will answer ASAP.

Search     Help Home Sisulizer Website Download
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 

 Moderated by: Sisusupport, Renate.Reinartz, Markus.Kreisel, Ilkka.Salmenius
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
SQL database builds only one character - Bugs and Quirks in Sisulizer - Technical Support (You need to be registered at the forum to write) - .NET, Delphi, ... - Sisulizer Localization Tool Support
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri May 17th, 2019 02:14 pm
PM Private Upload Quote Reply
itworks
Member
 

Joined: Fri Apr 26th, 2019
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 5
Status: 
Offline
Hello,

I have a SQL database in Sisulizer 4 build 374.
Scanning for changes goes as expected and shows new records.
However, when I have done some translations and build in any language it gives the following type of error for almost all entries:

3:57:32 PM Warning The translation of "(53-11;nl)" column with "Italian" id is too long. Using original instead

Although the database settings define all entries as varchar(100) and I manually checked the entries: they are shorter than 100 chars.
Also, when checking the database contents, the entries do not have the original string (dutch) as the error message says but only contain the 1st character of that original dutch string.

Also, the database node of the Sisulizer project is now completely messed up with the original strings not properly recognised and giving weird characters instead: sometimes all filled with the single character "n", sometimes with UTF the character "%04". It is only fixed when closing the project, opening it again and performing a "scan for changes"

This happens for 2 different databases.

I previously used Sisulizer 3 until I updated 2 weeks ago.
Never had any problem with these database before.

Can anyone help me solve this?
Thank you

Back To Top PM Private Upload Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 17th, 2019 02:48 pm
PM Private Upload Quote Reply
Markus.Kreisel
Administrator


Joined: Sat Apr 8th, 2006
Location: Monschau, Germany
Posts: 3246
Status: 
Offline
Please check the encoding of your database. Sounds like Sisulizer reads only on char since it expects ANSI and your database has UNICODE or something like this.

Markus



____________________
http://www.sisulizer.com - Three simple steps to localize
Back To Top PM Private Upload Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 17th, 2019 03:27 pm
PM Private Upload Quote Reply
itworks
Member
 

Joined: Fri Apr 26th, 2019
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 5
Status: 
Offline
I don't think that is the problem as the scanning goes well and all entries are displayed as expected initially.
The problem occurs once I build the database in Sisulizer "build in selected language".
Only then does the error occur and does the project become messed up.

I also checked: both the database and sisulizer operate with UTF-16 for these databases

Last edited on Fri May 17th, 2019 03:27 pm by itworks

Back To Top PM Private Upload Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 17th, 2019 03:41 pm
PM Private Upload Quote Reply
Markus.Kreisel
Administrator


Joined: Sat Apr 8th, 2006
Location: Monschau, Germany
Posts: 3246
Status: 
Offline
A 80 char string in 16-Bit will not fit into a 100 char 8-Bit field. Also if a 50 char string is displayed you will only see the first char since the second is a char(0) in western languages. Try to use UTF-8 in your target database.

Markus



____________________
http://www.sisulizer.com - Three simple steps to localize
Back To Top PM Private Upload Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 20th, 2019 12:05 pm
PM Private Upload Quote Reply
itworks
Member
 

Joined: Fri Apr 26th, 2019
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 5
Status: 
Offline
In this case sql server 2017 is using the default collation and encoding: Latin1_General_CI_AS
In sisulizer 3 it went all well, in 4 it doesn't.

If sisulizer requires a specific encoding, why don't you specify this in the connection string?


=========
You must make sure that when you save the data, and read the data in your web applications, you include the 'CharacterSet' option when you connect to SQL Server:

$conn = sqlsrv_connect('server', array(/** Other parameters, **/ 'CharacterSet'=>'UTF-8'));

Last edited on Mon May 20th, 2019 12:05 pm by itworks

Back To Top PM Private Upload Quote Reply

Current time is 01:19 pm  
.NET, Delphi, ... - Sisulizer Localization Tool Support > Technical Support (You need to be registered at the forum to write) > Bugs and Quirks in Sisulizer > SQL database builds only one character



WowUltra modified by Sisulizer Copyright © 2007-18 by Jim Hale - Based on WowBB Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez

Impress - Privacy statement

Sisulizer software localization tool - Three simple steps to localize